A highly motivated, self-starter with a unique skill set that combines technical savvy with client care and the ability to work independently. Team player that is able to easily adapt to dynamic environments. Quick learner seeking a position that offers long-term opportunities in a challenging environment.
General experience in print and web with a great deal of professional experience using Adobe and Microsoft products such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Adobe XD CC, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, WordPress, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, and Pitstop. Good Knowledge of 4 color pre-press technology and publishing tips.
• Maintained creative focus on demanding duration of time and intense pressure.
• Responsible for the simultaneous production of editorial layout for two, distinct, weekly newspaper.
• Communicated technical and creative information to client’s pre-conceptualized vision.
• Implement art direction in collaboration with publishers and editorial staff.
• Checking and preparing jobs/files for printing/plating: Color correcting, converting RGB to CMYK, creating and manipulating PDF, troubleshooting files, checking for corrupt fonts, etc.
York College Continuing Education Professional Education Center
Freelance Web/Graphic Designer, Dec. 2018-Present
• Ensure all design requests are well developed and completed by deadline.
• Production and revisions of existing department materials (digital and print).
• Redesign of Continuing Education Department web page using CMS platform.
• Initiate marketing newsletter to potentially new students.
• Layout catalog pages and flyers using InDesign and Photoshop.
• Design and prepare graphics for email marketing campaigns.
• Participation in the review and critique of all projects within the team.
Queens Tribune & Multi-Media Inc
Senior Graphic Designer/Production Manager, May 2003 – May 2018
• Managed art department consisting of three artists. Responsible for creative and art direction of all advertisement and promo.
• Assist marketing team with digital and print assets.
• Collaborate with the publisher and executive editor in the art direction, design, layout and trafficking of page development.
• Instruct art staff regarding workflow and meeting deadlines. Assists subordinates in identifying and resolving problems.
• Accountable for the transition to direct-to-plate printing (PDF). Excellent track record of meeting deadlines ahead of time. Responsible for creating weekly newspaper iPad app and Epaper.
• Utilize various software to produce single and multicolor printed infographics, posters, advertisements, banners, brochures, web banners, catalogs, slide presentation, postcards and publications for Multi-Media clients.
• Create multiple email blast weekly using Constant Contact.
• Maintain website in all aspect including editing content, banners creation, photography, creating photo galleries, wallpapers, optimization of web graphics, basic color correction and moderate comments.
Web Development – York College
Certificate in Desktop Publishing – Center for Desktop Publishing
Certificate in Dreamweaver – Queens College
Graduated from Covent Garden Secondary School, Guyana, South America